Make this vintage-inspired duffel bag, then head out for an adventure! Includes handles as well as an adjustable crossbody strap. A little piping adds a classic, authentic look and two zippered pockets keep your small items organized. Instructions are included to make your own handles and strap, or you can use webbing.
Here is a list of materials need for the class; we have all the materials needed for any size you like to make
- 1 yard 44” wide quilting or home decor weight exterior fabric (1 1/2 yards for Large)
- 1 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric (1 yard for Small)
- 1 2/3 yards quilting weight contrasting fabric (skip if using webbing for handles/strap)
- 6 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101) (5 yards for Small)
- 1 yard fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam Plus) (1 1/2 yards for Large)
- 1/4 yard fusible heavy stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F) (2/3 yard for Large)
- 20” handbag zipper (16” for Small, 24” for Large)
- Two 9” all-purpose zippers (7” for Small)
- 2 yards 1 1/2” webbing (adjustable strap) (optional)
- 4 yards 1” webbing (handles) (optional)
- Two 1 1/2” swivel clips and one 1 1/2” strap slide
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 3/4
- 2 1/2 yards premade piping
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
Swoon allows sell bags you make with this pattern.